Sunday, June 23, 2013

Country Roads, Take Me Home...

We made it!  That was a very long day, but the scenery was beautiful and the kids were great.  Here are some of their thoughts as we arrived in Gary, WV.  (Pastor Dale)

Hello this is Akin, we have arrived  in West Virginia. The mountainous scenery is very beautiful. The citizens of McDowell county are warm and friendly. We send our regards and we will see you soon.

Hey, it's Dylan Tai. Today we took a 14 and a half hour drive here without killing each other, surprisingly, and it was actually a lot of fun. It consisted of Frisbee, McDonalds stops, a lot of pretty funny jokes, some a cappella singing, rapping and singalong. I'm really excited for tomorrow and can't wait to get started, I already met some pretty cool people here in the first twenty minutes of arriving. Can't wait to tell you more, and I'm probably going to go to sleep.I already heard a lot of people complaining about not having cell phone signal here, and man, are we spoiled. I'm not going to lie, I was actually one of these people, but I know I will survive. Get back to you later!

Hi its Matthew. We just settled in here where we'll be staying the week in West Virginia. It used to be a school until 2005 when they renovated it for groups like us.

Hey there! It's Bailey. Finally we've arrived at Gary School after a long 14.5 hour car ride..it wasn't easy but we had a great time bonding with one another.  Everyone here seems to be really sweet, warm and welcoming. I am so excited to start building homes for the community and to meet the people of McDowell County. It's going to be quite the adventure!



No comments:

Post a Comment