Tuesday, June 28, 2016

More Day Three



Hey all,
Day 3 has been really memorable. We started off with some nice warm pancakes and eggs with the help of Graham and Seamus. Then, Nikki, Seamus, Henry, Dale and I painted the Gym until lunch. It looks so much better now and we can't stop admiring it when we go in to play basketball. After, Nikki and I helped make some tasty sandwiches for lunch and that gave us energy to go to the kids club. Those kids just light up my day and I gave at least 20 piggy-back rides! Elisabeth led the kids with some wonderful songs and passages from Corinthians and they made some awesome hats with stickers and drawings. I then helped with the VBS from 5-7 and we had Taco Tuesday tonight. Theo showed us a nice technique for wrapping the tacos up! We just finished an awesome game of basketball and I'm gonna shower with the hot water we just received! Can't wait for the monuments tomorrow in DC!
-Marcello A. Carelli

Hello all,
I can't really put Day 3 any better than what Marcello said, but I can tell you a few stellar moments of my day. At the kids-club today, I met a little dude named Maurice who loved to wrestle. It really put a smile on my face when he tackled my older brother Graham after I told him to. What a beast. Also, the three leaders staying here at Salvation Army with us are extremely friendly -- Mina, Liberty, and Noel. They all have different talents and all strive to help make a difference in the world. Knowing that there are such amazing people out there is very reassuring and definitely has made this experience awesome. Well, that's all I really have to say. About to lie down on my half-inflated air-mattress in a room crowded with around 7 other dudes and get ready for my day tomorrow, which will hopefully be just as fun. Despite the small rooms and cold showers, this trip has really been great so far! Definitely also excited to see DC tomorrow as well.
- Seamus Blair

No comments:

Post a Comment