Monday, June 27, 2016

DC Mission Trip Day Two: Lots of Kids







Hey, it's Theo.  So last night everybody crawled to their own corner of the building we are staying in to watch the Game of Thrones season 6 finale.  It was crazy, but today I put my phone on airplane mode for the rest of the week and got ready to work.  We woke up today and ate breakfast with the group.  Graham, Alexa, Nikki and I were assigned painting duty.  We painted part of the Salvation Army gymnasium and will do more tomorrow.  Next, we spent some time in a park and met a little girl named Sarah.  Later in the day, Graham and I performed a quick skit for some kids to teach them about God's love.  We killed it.  Now, I'm very hungry and I'm wondering what's for dinner.  The trip is off to a good start. :)

Today, I started off the day with Isaac shredding checks and other various papers before heading off to try and start a kids club. We met a really nice girl named Sarah and she was really sweet. When we got back to the Salvation Army, we helped with the VBS and I was in charge of the crafts. I prepped a foam aquarium with neon paints and waited for the kids to come. After most of the kids started painting, I heard a little boy named Jairo asking his brother in Spanish about whether he could get a wet napkin for his hands. I got him the napkin and he was so happy that someone heard him, while his brother was happy to have someone else to talk with him. We talked and he painted his little animals and got me all dirty from the paint while his hands got sticky from the glue. He was adorable and his brother Bautista was excited to have him distracted and have another friend that could speak Spanish and English so he wouldn't be bothered. I can't wait to see him tomorrow for VBS since he lives down the street.  I'm excited for what the rest of the trip has in store :) 
~ Lindsay 

No comments:

Post a Comment