Wednesday, June 17, 2015

A Day in the Park





Sunday was our annual Worship in Gedney Park and Church Picnic. It was everything a church picnic should be:  the weather was perfect, the worship was uplifting, the food was wonderful and the games were fun for children of all ages.  I got in on the fun by being the target for the kids and their water balloons.  The point was to raise money for our Living Waters Project.  At $1 a balloon we raised $300!  Everyone seemed eager to pay up for the privilege.  Elisabeth got the biggest boys she could find and paid for them to take a shot or two.  I'm glad it was a warm day because I was soaking wet.

Many thanks to our deacons who once again put together a successful event.  They thought of everything from reserving the shelter to hiring Nick the ice-cream man.

Worship in the park is always meaningful for me as it was my first Sunday as Pastor here at PCMK in 2012.  This year's event marks the beginning of my 4th year.  I look forward to  making more memories in Gedney Park next year and beyond.  I just hope our fundraiser never involves bricks!

See you in church,
Pastor Dale

No comments:

Post a Comment