Thursday, July 3, 2014

More Thursday Blogging

Today, July 3rd, is a rainy day in Niagara Falls.  It doesn't really concern us because all of our work today is indoors.  I am currently writing this with about half of my body covered in paint.  My group's first job today was to finish painting the walls of the Community Mission building. (the place where we do most of our work/vacation bible school)  I have been having a great time so far and I feel like we are truly impacting others' lives in a positive way.  My favorite job so far was two days ago when we helped completely restructure a garden and plant edible plants at a home for young pregnant women. I must also admit that we haven't been making it easy on Dale, Elisabeth, and especially Sarah, but we are all having a great time.

-Theo Coutsouros



Today, was very playful and entertaining. I participated in kids' club and made new friends named Xavier and Anisean. We played games together, such as Pokemon and sang songs loudly while decorating and coloring multiple crosses. It was very cool to talk to some locals at the kitchen soup in the Community Mission building. I made an additional friend in the kitchen, Maurice, who decided to follow me on twitter after our discussions about whether Lebron James is the greatest of all time. This gave me the opportunity to not only help others by moving boxes that they don't desire or painting their walls certain colors, but actually interacting and creating relationships that can last, creating memories. Everyone is staying positive, as it continues to rain today. We are having a fun time, currently playing a game of cards during a break before heading back to work.

-River Elms


No comments:

Post a Comment