Tuesday, February 25, 2014

New Leadership



Sunday was a gold-medal day in the life of PCMK.  We had a lot of fun on the Olympics and the fact that my Canadian Teams came home with the gold.  The US teams had set a high bar for themselves and came up short.  Even a silver medal for the women was a disappointment.

The choir had some fun with the Olympic theme and held up score cards at the end of my sermon. I did not expect laughter after I said "Amen."  But when I turned around I was tickled to see their scores.  Some judges were more generous than others.  My response was "I guess it was good enough for bronze."  It was a memorable moment.

In the sermon on the mount, Jesus sets a high bar for us.  We are to love our enemies and turn the other cheek.  But the good news is that we don't have to be perfect.  We are forgiven for the times we fall short.  Silver and bronze medals are not failure.

On Sunday there was a group of team PCMK who stepped up to the podium.  They have already earned a medal in my book.  They have said yes to serving as elders, deacons and trustees.  These boards have their respective responsibilities and these leaders have been gifted by God to serve in the many ministries of PCMK.  When you see them, congratulate them and thank them for their service.


No comments:

Post a Comment