Thursday, October 3, 2013

Bell Towers: Chicago and Mount Kisco




I just returned from a class at McCormick Seminary in Chicago.  The class focused on pastoral leadership and I learned a lot.  One of the assignments was to write a personal mission statement for my vocation as a pastor.  All I could think of was our wonderful PCMK mission statement.  With a little fine tuning to make it personal, it is my mission statement as well.  During the month of October I plan to preach four sermons on the themes and core values addressed in our mission statement.

We print it on the front of our bulletin, but in case you haven't read it lately, here it is.

Seeking Light for the Journey, we come together to
worship God, nurture faith, pursue social justice and
share love in the name of Jesus Christ.

While in Chicago we got to visit our daughter Debbie who lives on North Lincoln Ave in the Lincoln Park area.  At the end of her block is this beautiful church.  I took this picture of the impressive steeple and bell tower.  But when I got home I found Fred and Terry working on our own bell tower.  It is not as tall, but when those bells ring out I feel blessed to be your pastor.  That's two blessings a day (noon and 6pm) and three times on Sunday!

See you in church (the bell rings at 10:00 AM!).

Pastor Dale

No comments:

Post a Comment