Saturday, November 17, 2012

Truly Blessed

Blessed to be a blessing has been the theme for our stewardship season this year.  As we approach stewardship Sunday I have been reflecting on how blessed I am and we are as a church.  After the recent storm I heard so many encouraging stories of neighbor helping neighbor.  Our church building had power so members came by and sat in the library to use their computers, charge their phones, and just warm up.  The narthex was packed with items needed by those who lost everything in Long Beach.  At the same time our colorful Haiti house in the Great Hall symbolized our partnership with the people of Haiti.  This church really knows how to share its blessings.
So as we prepare to fill our our pledge cards for 2013 we should count our blessings.  Remember the old gospel song, "Count your blessings, name them one by one.  Count your blessings, see what God has done." That song is in now in my head and as I count my blessings I keep coming back to the privilege of being your pastor.  I am blessed.  We are blessed.  Now we have the opportunity to be a blessing to others.
See you in Church

No comments:

Post a Comment