Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Welcome October

October is here, and it is my favorite month.  Perhaps it is the beauty of fall leaves; or perhaps it is the fact it is my birthday this month.  Whatever the reason, I love October.  Football is going strong, baseball is in the exciting postseason, and most years hockey is started.  October is a sports fan's best month.

October is also a great month in the church.  We are well into our routines and the energy is still growing.  Worship and Sunday School at PCMK have been strong in September and I look forward to a great October, including the "Trunk or Treat" family fun night.  What a creative idea!

On the last day of September I was officially installed as pastor of PCMK.  It was a wonderful day for me as my dear friend, the Rev. Debbie Whaley was in town to visit and preach.  But it was also wonderful to enjoy the great music from our choir, the organ and Elisabeth's moving solo, accompanied by Nelva's sweet violin.  The comments from all the speakers were inspiring. 

This was my third installation, and each time it is a powerful moment when the elders, deacons and pastors lay hands on me and pray for me.  How can I not succeed with that kind of support?  I appreciated all those who were in attendance and those who sent their warm wishes by card or email.  We are officially beginning a new journey together, and it is going to be great.

See you in church (in October!)
Pastor Dale



No comments:

Post a Comment