Friday, August 31, 2012

Good to be Back

Last week I was as far away from New York as one can get on the continent (except for the tip of Alaska, I suppose).  I was on beautiful Vancouver Island for a short family reunion.  We gathered at my sister's beach house on Lake Cowichan.  It reminded me of the reservoirs of Westchester as it is surrounded by hills and trees. The weather was cloudy and cool, but no matter--we had campfires on the beach and played games next to the wood stove.  I came back through Chicago where we spent time with our daughter before driving back in our old mini-van that she had been borrowing.
While it is always good to get away, it is great to come home.  And Mount Kisco is feeling more like home every day.  I am grateful to the leadership of the Rev. Charles Barton who was back from summer vacation in time to help lead worship last Sunday.  I also appreciate the excellent preaching of our own Sarah Lucas and the Rev. Tom Hughart over the last two Sundays.
Now it is back to work...big time.  Summer is over and the fall season is upon us.  I am looking forward to Christian education and music programs getting underway.  It has been a good summer, but it always feels good to get back to routines. 
The kick off event this year is going to be great.  Plan now to attend church on September 9th and enjoy food, fun and music afterwards at what we are calling our Fall Family Festival.  Pray for good weather and we'll see you in church!

No comments:

Post a Comment