Sunday, August 19, 2012

Another Great Sunday

Today's worship was once again the highlight of my week.  If you were unable to be there, you really missed out.  There was glorious music from Terry Flanagan on the Water organ, a beautiful offertory with Lisa Flanagan singing, Nelva TeBrake on violin and Terry at the organ.  The postlude featured Terry's young nephew with a rousing trumpet voluntary (I recognized it as the theme from Masterpiece Theater).
The sermon was excellent, if I don't say so myself.  Our own Sarah Lucas shared a thoughtful message on the book of Ecclesiastes.  It is a challenging book to say the least, and she handled its contradictions and its wisdom with grace.  I encourage everyone to listen to it on-line from by going to our website.
I'm now in the Ottawa airport waiting for a connection to Vancouver.  I will be away this week to visit my siblings and my dad out on Vancouver Island.  It's about as far away as you can get in North America.  Elisabeth is going to visit Debbie in Chicago while I'm away.
Pray for us while we are gone, and we'll see you in church.

No comments:

Post a Comment