Friday, March 8, 2013

Lent on the Homestretch


We are past the halfway point through Lent, and that is a good feeling.  There is much that I enjoy about Lent—I try to enjoy the spiritual journey.  But the destination is what it is all about.  The Lenten journey takes us to Easter, and boy am I ready for Easter this year.  Part of it may be that I am ready for spring, as I am sure you are.  Even skiers would admit we are due for spring (spring skiing can be some of the best).  As I write this we are enjoying another blast of winter with almost a foot of snow.  I returned home from a meeting last evening and for the fourth time this winter I could not get up the driveway to the manse.  I had to park the car and walk through the church building.  But that was a nice detour because I saw Terry and Lisa Flanagan wrapping things up in the sanctuary after choir practice.  I always enjoy seeing these good friends and colleagues in ministry.  They always are pleasant with a ready smile.  And we always have something to talk about--Terry and I have our ministry in common, and Lisa always keeps me up to date on the hockey scores (go Penguins).
So just some random thoughts as I wrap up another week of Lent on the journey towards Easter.
See you in church,
Pastor Dale

No comments:

Post a Comment